Before and After Favorites

Friday, February 17, 2012

Shabby Chic Mirror

I've been wanting a mirror for above the fireplace mantel since we moved in. I wanted something white and neutral to go with different holiday decorations. I've been watching the shabby mirrors on etsy for over a year, and my goodness, I love them, but they are expensive! You can imagine how excited I was when I found one at a second hand store. Excited doesn't even describe it. I rushed home to paint it.

 I'm getting ready to decorate for Spring. I'm beyond obsessed with cherry blossoms, so I had to have some on the mantel. My favorite all time family pictures were taken with cherry blossoms, I planned them around when they'd be in bloom. They are one of my favorites of God's creations. I love Spring!
 I love how old this mirror is! It's shabby, but not overly decorative.
 Look at the cracks!! They add so much character. I love them!!!
 This mirror makes my heart happy.
 A couple random spring-y decorations.
Our family picture with the cherry blossoms. My fireplace mantel is coming along. One of these days I'll love it as much as my mirror. Hopefully..;)

I almost forgot the before!!

2 comments:

  1. Grant just says to me "How come Luke never comes over anymore?" haha I had to explain that Luke now lives a 3 days drive away. Anyhow love the mirror! It reminded me of my old gross mirror before I changed it. I love the gold though...you did terrific as usual! Love ya lots. Keep posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this mirror!!! I NEED it- hahaha!! Miss your posts, hope all is well.

    ReplyDelete